What is DP3?
In an effort to make relocations easier for military personnel, the government created an internet-based system (DPS) to manage DoD household goods moves. From The Military.com website, here are some of the primary benefits of the Defense Personal Property Program.
Through DPS and the DP3 initiative, you will receive the following benefits:
- The ability to self-counsel and submit your application online, instead of traveling to a Transportation Office (TO)
- The ability to track your shipment through DPS or Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- The option to file a claim online, and to settle directly with your moving company, called a Transportation Service Provider or TSP
- Full Replacement Value (FRV) of lost and damaged goods, as opposed to depreciated value offered in the past
- The opportunity to make sure only quality, reputable companies handle and ship your personal belongings, and those of your fellow service members and DoD civilians, by completing the Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSS)